ABSENTEE APPLICATIONS TO VOTE
will be mailed the week of September 4, 2017 to all registered voters who are presently on our Permanent Absentee Voter list. If you are not on our permanent list but meet the requirements to receive an absentee voter (AV) ballot for this election, please visit or call our offices to receive a current AV application. You may also print and return a November 7, 2017 Absentee Application to Vote below.
November 7, 2017 Application for Absent Voter's Ballot
- Please be sure to PRINT
your name and address before sending to the Clerk's Office.
An Absentee Ballot may be requested for the following reasons:
- You are 60 years of age or older
- You are physically unable to attend the polls without assistance of another
- You have been appointed as an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the precinct where you reside
- You expect to be absent from the community in which you are registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day
- The tenets of your religion cause you not to attend
- You are confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial
will begin to be mailed the week of October 2, 2017 to voters who have already submitted an absentee application to vote. Applications may be submitted through Monday, November 6, 2017, though the last day to mail out ballots will be Saturday, November 4, 2017. Those submitting an absentee application to vote in person on the day before the election MUST vote and return the ballot to the Clerk's office before leaving the building.
NOTICE OF CLOSE OF REGISTRATION:
To the Qualified Electors of the City of Farmington, Oakland County, Michigan. Notice is hereby given that Tuesday, October 10, 2017
is the LAST DAY TO REGISTER
for the November 7, 2017 election.
of the Clerk's office are available for the convenience of voters on Saturday, November 4, 2017 from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm.
ON THE BALLOT:
City Council Race
- There are three seats open for City Council for this election. The top two candidates with the most votes will receive four year terms and the candidate with the third most votes will receive a two year term. The following candidates are registered for this election:
- Greg Cowley, incumbent
- Bill Galvin, incumbent
- Joe LaRussa
- Jeff Scott, incumbent
- Maria Taylor
To access ballot information for any current election or to access your precinct information, go to www.michigan.gov/vote
NEW ELECTION EQUIPMENT INFORMATION
Beginnning with this election, voters in Farmington and all of Oakland County will use the new VerityVoting system,
selected because it is secure, accurate, and easy to use. Verity is federally certified and meets Michigan's most
You will notice several slight changes in your voting experience, including filling in rectangles to the left of your choice rather than ovals to the right, the ballot might be shorter than our former scanners could handle, and the system has a large color screen, making it easy for voters to see if there is a problem with how their ballot was marked. When your ballot has been successfully cast, you will see the image of an American flag on the screen to assure you that your ballot has been counted.
WANT TO TAKE A LOOK AT THE NEW EQUIPMENT BEFORE THE ELECTION?
VISIT US AT OUR OPEN HOUSE FROM 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm ON MONDAY OCTOBER 16th AT CITY HALL IN COUNCIL CHAMBERS or
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 4th FROM 9:00 am TO 12:00 pm.
CLOSE OF REGISTRATION NOTICE
NOTICE OF ELECTION
If you have any questions, please call the Clerk’s office at 248-474-5500.