Skip To Content

Latest News

City of Farmington seeks members for three of its boards

The City of Farmington is looking to fill vacancies on its following boards and commissions:

  • Emergency Preparedness Committee
  • Historical Commission
  • Zoning Board of Appeal
The Emergency Preparedness Commission (EPC) meets the first Monday of every month at Farmington Hills City Hall. The EPC makes recommendations to Farmington and Farmington Hills concerning public education on safety, helping citizens take an active role in protecting themselves from harm, teaching citizens what to do in the event of a crisis, and providing citizens with the skills and abilities to make their families, homes and communities safer from the threats of terrorism, crime, and disaster. 
The Historical Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at Farmington City Hall. The commission was established in 1973 to: 1) safeguard the heritage of the City by preserving the cultural, social, economic, political and architectural elements having historic significance; 2) stabilize and improve property values in such districts; 3) foster and promote civic beautification with emphasis on historical significance; 4) promote the use of local history for education, pleasure and the welfare of the citizens of the City; and 5) encourage the collection of records and objects which interpret the history of Farmington, and cooperate in the establishment and operation of a museum or other appropriate center for custody and display of such items.
The Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) meets the first Wednesday of the month at 7 p.m. at Farmington City Hall. The ZBA reviews appeals from any order, requirement, decision or determination made by the building official, any administrative official or administrative body charged with enforcement of the Farmington Zoning Ordinance where it is alleged by the appellant that there was an error or misinterpretation. The Zoning Board of Appeals mostly hears variance requests dealing with dimensional aspects of the Zoning Ordinance: setbacks, building height requirements, etc. The Zoning Board of Appeals is also responsible for hearing sign and fence variance requests.
Those interested in any of these opportunities should fill out the application and return it to Farmington City Hall: 23600 Liberty Street; or email it to




All Latest News ...